Sorry Mrs. O, But Jumping Jacks Won’t Cut It

At a recent summit on childhood obesity, the first lady announced a shift in her well-known Let’s Move campaign — away from food reform and toward an increased focus on exercise. Instead of “forcing [children] to eat their vegetables,” she told her audience, “it’s getting them to go out there and have fun.” Yes, you heard that right. The first lady actually said that eating vegetables is a chore. And that playing is a preferable focus for her campaign because it’s easier. Read rest at Grist…

One Response to “Sorry Mrs. O, But Jumping Jacks Won’t Cut It”

  1. fredt says:

    I am glad I live in Canada, where 60% know the government is out to lunch. The other 40% voted.

Leave a Reply

 

Join Email List

Speaking Requests

Media Requests

Contact Michele Simon: michele@eatdrinkpolitics.com

Archives

  • 2014 (29)
  • 2013 (67)
  • 2012 (70)
  • 2011 (53)
  • 2010 (49)