I am pleased to take part in this panel on March 7 and the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim.
GMO Labeling: Where Are We Now?
Washington State, the National FDA Just Label It Effort, and Lessons Learned from Prop 37
Thursday, March 7, 2013, 8:30 – 9:30 a.m, Anaheim Marriott Hotel, Platinum Ballroom 1
After submitting 350,000 signatures, GMO labeling advocates are rallying to support I-522, the People’s Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, in Washington State. I-522, one of a handful of state initiatives calling for GMO labeling, is considered one of the best chances for GMO labeling in 2013.
Learn how you can support this effort, along with lessons learned from California’s Prop 37 and what’s happening on a national level to require labeling of genetically engineered foods, from a panel of speakers and industry leaders deeply involved in these efforts.
- Trudy Bialic, Director of Public Affairs, PCC Natural Markets, I-522 Steering Committee
- Gary Hirshberg, Chair, Stonyfield Farm and Co-founder, Just Label It
- Jessica Lundberg, Board of Directors, Lundberg Family Farms
- David Bronner, CEO, Dr. Bronner’s
- Ken Cook, President, Environmental Working Group
- Michele Simon, JD, MPH, Author, Appetite for Profit, President, Eat Drink Politics
- Steven Hoffman, Managing Director, Compass Natural, and Staff Member, I-522
For information and to contribute, contact Steve Hoffman, on behalf of The People’s Right to Know campaign. firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 303.807.1042. As a grassroots political organization, Label It WA depends on you. Visit www.labelitwa.org.