Gummies and flowers and creams, oh my! The CBD world market has exploded and nowadays everywhere you turn there is a new brand to research and a new type of product to give a try. And this market has no means of slowing down! Cowen projected that the revenue of this market will reach an estimated $16 billion by 2025! To keep up, trusted brands will continue to innovate and create CBD products that fit the need of every type of consumer. If you’re new to using CBD, then choosing the right product category may feel overwhelming. Let’s talk a bit more about CBD and the different types of product categories that are most commonly used.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol is a chemical compound from the cannabis plant, and it is known for its therapeutic properties. CBD is not a psychoactive compound so it does not produce a “high” feeling like THC. CBD can be extracted in several ways so that it can be made into various product categories that are perfect for every type of consumer.
Common Uses of CBD
There are many reasons why one may decide to use CBD. According to a the latest CBD statistics, “of the Americans who use CBD, the most common uses are for pain relief (64%), anxiety (49%), and insomnia (42%).” While some seek CBD to promote overall health and wellness, more and more are being discovered each day in the link between CBD and various health conditions. CBD can be seen as a natural form of treatment compared to prescription medication. CBD works naturally with the body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which can help to keep the systems in your body functioning normally, therefore, helping with any symptoms caused by the disruption of the ECS.
Types of CBD Products
As we mentioned, there is an overwhelming amount of CBD products that are available to consumers. Depending on the reason that one is choosing to use CBD, there is most likely a few product categories that would be more beneficial. This all depends on the reason that you are choosing to use CBD, the severity of symptoms, and the experience/comfort that you have of using CBD products. For example, if you’re new to vaping, maybe you would prefer something like an edible. Most CBD products can be grouped into the following categories:
- Vaping – CBD can be taken with a vape pen and cartridges and can be beneficial for those who are comfortable with these types of products. They are easy to use and can provide immediate, in-the-moment relief. If one is experiencing anxiety, then it may be preferred for them to take a hit of the pen to help with these symptoms. You can see some examples in this Product Review.
- Flower – CBD flower is similar to vaping. Just like marijuana, CBD can be bought in flower and rolled up into a joint or whatever one is comfortable with. For those that are new to this space, they may not like having to roll up the flower and would prefer a product that is already prepared when purchased. Due to this, CBD flower can be for those that have severe symptoms and are willing to take the extra step to smoke the product. CBD flower pre-rolls are also available to those who prefer not to roll up on their own, but this is an additional expense to consider.
- Edibles – Edibles are extremely common for CBD consumers. Easy to pop in, and most of the time they are delicious! There are many different types of CBD edibles. The most common CBD edible products are gummies and candy. This product category is a hit across the board. Many will use this to promote overall health and wellness or to manage symptoms daily. This takes a few hours to fully break down into your system, so it isn’t as immediate as some of the other product categories.
- Topicals – Topicals are a very common product category for those that are using CBD to reduce inflammation externally. CBD topicals such as lotions or creams are often used to combat rashes or skin inflammation. Since they are applied directly to the affected area, they are absorbed by the skin and take action much more rapidly than a product such as edibles.
- Oils and Tinctures – Oils and tinctures are another extremely popular product category. These are taken sublingually (under the tongue) and are also a great way to work it into a daily routine but also have immediate relief from any symptoms as it gets absorbed under the tongue. Many consumers enjoy this for the convenience factor.
Other honorable mentions include supplements (can be just another pill in your routine), bath products (such as bath bombs), beauty products (such as face masks), and more!
What product fits your needs best? Let us know in the comments.