You can never be too careful as you venture out this holiday season. Pay attention to these five important travel tips this holiday season.
1. Check your flight: No matter where you’re going, even if it’s a warm weather city, it’s a good ide to check and make sure your flights are on schedule. If an airplane you’re flying in was coming from a cold weather city, that could hold up your travel plans. There are numerous apps that will give you this data, and could save you plenty of headaches down the line.
2. Don’t drive into a storm: This is just common sense. Don’t try and be brave and make it somewhere despite bad weather. Monitor local and regional forecasts to get a good idea of the local weather. If the weather report advises you to stay put, it’s best to listen to that advice. If the temperatures are going to be cold on your trip, pack warm clothes in case your car breaks down.
3. Follow airline on social media: Airlines will post updates relating to their flights on social media, and it can be the best way to keep up to date while on your trip. Follow airlines on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for alerts. This can be e-mailed to you.
4. Charge your phone: There’s nothing worse than being stranded with a dead cell phone. Expect there to be crowds around the outlets in the airports, even more so if there’s a delay. Have a car charger and stash a few battery charges that hold a charge for your devices.
5. Consider a train: If you live somewhere where train travel is easy and common, this can be the best way to get somewhere fast and reliably. There’s plenty of advantages to taking the train. If you find yourself involved in a train accident, contact an Amtrak derailment lawyer today.